3rd December ’16
We applied for and were granted an extension of time from the Director General of Fair Trading to delay our annual general meeting until after June 30 2015 so that we can have a financial report available by our auditor. Therefore DNA’s first annual general meeting will be held in early September 2015. The financial report will be issued and posted as soon as possible after this date.
THE INCEPTION OF DYSTONIA NETWORK OF AUSTRALIA INC.
Our progress over the next 12-18 months.
- The newly formed DNA met with a retired charity lawyer, regarding advice on our progress.
- National organisation name accepted by Department of fair Trading December 2013
- Application for incorporation with Fair Trading December 2013 and DNA incorporated on 6 January 2013. Election of DNA office bearers: Kerrie Jackson – President / Anne Cooper; Vice President / Laraine McAnally – Public Officer and interim Secretary / Robyn McILvar – Treasurer. Committee members: Sylvia May, Karyn Morgan, Peter Webb & Marina McShannon
- Web design /logo/ data base in early stages.March 2014 Brainstorming meeting with retired charity lawyer, where aims & objectives over the next three years were formulated in a strategic plan .
- ASTA fund transfer to DNA March 2014
- ABN awarded from ATO March 2014
- Charitable status as Health Promotion Charity achieved with ACNC September 2014
- DGR (deductible gift recipient) status registered with ATO November 2014 and backdated to September 2014.
- November 2014 – Multidisciplinary Advisory Board recruited and completed with the appointment of Neurologists/Paediatric Neurologists/Neurosurgeon/Geneticist/Specialist Nurses/Physiotherapists/Neuroscientists/Neuropsychologist/General Practitioner/Pharmacist/Speech Pathologist/Retired Lawyer/Community advisors.
- Laraine McAnally commenced writing of brochures in November 2014 for review and approval by the Advisory Board
- Phil Mangan joins the DNA committee as Secretary – December 2015
- Website building commenced and skeleton web site for training given to Kerrie Jackson
- Kerrie mastered the complexities of adding information and photographs to the web site
- April 2015 commenced design of website
- Fundraisers organised for 2015
- Trivia night 25 July 2015
- City to Surf fundraiser August 2015
- Auction & benefit Night October 2015
- We have so many people to thank for their support, advice and guidance in helping us reach the membership stage of DNA. We are forever in their debt.